After having my co-worker's homemade chicken noodle soup, I was inspired to make my own! I pretty much made up my own recipe and it turned out delicious. I made enough so that I could freeze a large container of it for later in the year too. This recipe makes A LOT of soup!
1 whole chicken
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
4 large carrots, diced
1 bundle of celery, diced
3 chicken flavor bouillon cubes
1 can chicken broth
1 onion, diced
Salt & Pepper
2 Bags of Egg Noodles
1. Wash chicken and clean out the insides, pat dry. Rub chicken with lemon pepper seasoning and sprinkle with parsley flakes. I did not measure the amounts...just did a light coating over whole chicken.
2. Fill stock pot with water and bring to a boil. Add whole chicken to boiling water, place lid on pot and let boil on medium for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I sprinkled in some more lemon pepper seasoning and a little garlic salt while it was boiling.
3. While chicken is cooking in the pot, chop up the carrots, celery and onions. Use as much or as little as you like. Put off to the side until chicken is cooked.
4. The chicken is ready when the meat is literally falling off the bone. Take it out of the water and set to the side. Add carrots, celery and onion to boiling water. Also, add the can of chicken stock and the 3 cubes of bouillon. Stir and let cook at medium heat. While all that is cooking, begin to shred the chicken. I used my hands and just pulled all of the meat off the bones and placed in a bowl to cool. By the time you finish, you will have a TON of shredded chicken pieces.
5. Add the 2 bags of egg noodles to the boiling water/soup mix. Continue to let boil for approximately 8-10 minutes then add in the shredded chicken. Stir, sprinkle in some more lemon pepper seasoning, parsley flakes, garlic salt and salt and pepper. Replace lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.