Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Recap

It is always so hard to go back to work after having 3 1/2 days off. I don't know about you but I could have used another day or 2 off!

I love weekends like the one I just had...no big plans but plenty of time to get some things done and plenty of time to just lay around and do nothing. Friday, we did nothing. I got off work at 2 and went to Michael's to get all the supplies I needed to make my first wreath then I sat on the couch for hours just cutting ribbon and working on the wreath. Chris and I watched TV, made pork chops for dinner and went to sleep early. Saturday morning he cooked breakfast for us then headed to College Station with is best friend for the first A&M home game. I spent the entire day in The Woodlands with my parents. My Mom and I shopped in Market Street and Picket Fences then I showed them our wedding video. We had dinner at Outback and I was home and in bed reading by 9 PM. I am half way through with Mockingjay, the 3rd and final book of the Hunger Games trilogy. It is SO SO SO good!!

Sunday I got to spend 6 hours at The Trellis Spa at The Houstonian. I was in HEAVEN! My father-in-law and brother-in-law got me a gift certificate for my birthday that included a full day of spa treatments. I got there early and sat in the sauna for 15 minutes, floated in the float pool for 30 minutes, then had a 1 hour massage, a 1 hour Glycolic Peel and facial, lunch & mimosas, a manicure and pedicure and a makeover! AAAAMAZING!!! Everyone kept saying I should find a friend to do it with me but I was perfectly fine doing it by myself and having some quality "me" time :)


Since my makeup was all done there was no way I was just going to sit at home with nothing to do so I went to my friend Sandee's apartment and we went to dinner at Yard House. Monday I spent 3 hours in the morning making homemade chicken noodle soup...I am so happy with the way it turned out. It was delicious and I made enough to last for a year I think! I will post a step by step recipe with pictures later this week. I almost finished my first wreath too. It is a Halloween ribbon wreath for the front door. I have to finish a couple things on it tonight and will take a picture to post tomorrow. Up next is an A&M wreath and a Christmas wreath. Thanks to Pinterest I am a little obsessed with wreaths lately...
Anyways, hubby finally came home from College Station...AND A&M KILLED SMU on Saturday night so he is super happy :)

Hope you had a fun, long weekend too! Cheers to a short work week!

No comments: