Weight/Height- On 11/5 he was 18.6 lbs. Not sure of his height but we will find out in a few weeks at his next appt. I am pretty sure he is well over 19 lbs now. He is growing so fast :(
Sleep- Still waking up 1-2x a night. He has nights where he will wake up at midnight and again around 5. Then other nights it's around 2 and 5. Then other times it's just around 4-5. I am still getting up and nursing him back to sleep but I know I really need to stop doing that and maybe start some sleep training. He is only sleeping on his tummy now, so sometimes when he wakes up he is rolling onto his back, then he fusses and cries and never goes back to sleep.
As far as naps go....he is taking 2-3 good naps a day, most days. He is usually up for the day between 6-7, then will go back down for a nap about 8 and sleep for 1- 1/2 hours. Then he will go back down a couple hours later and sleep 2-3 hours. Then late in the afternoon he will take a short nap. And he is still going to sleep between 7:30-8 at night.
Diet- We made it to my original goal of breastfeeding 6 months!!! Whohoooo! Things are still going great so I am still hoping to make it to 1 year now. We are still feeding him homemade puree's 5-6x a week. He has had avocado, carrots, prunes, sweet potato, oatmeal, peas, banana and a couple of the Ella's mixes. He LOVES banana and HATED peas.
I read the BLW book recently and think I am going to do a little bit of that along with the purees as well.
Favorite Equipment- Same as last month....he loves the exersaucer, activity mat, jogging stroller and all his toys. He doesn't lay under the activity mat much anymore because he likes sitting up so much better. We are getting him a walker and bouncer for Christmas so I am sure those will quickly become favorites. His favorite toys are anything he can easily put in his mouth and anything that plays music and has lights.
Milestones & Memories-
- Sitting up on his own
- Has 2 teeth
- Lifts his chest off the ground and tries to get up on his knees
- Took 2 road trips...one to Dallas for a friend's wedding and one to College Station for the A&M vs Vanderbilt game. He stayed in a hotel with a babysitter for the first time and went to his first football game
- Had his first cold
- Laughs all the time and has the loudest high pitch squeal he ALWAYS does
-Sits in the cart now at the store (instead of car seat) and in a high chair at restaurants
1st A&M football game! Go Johnny Football!
1st hotel room....The Fairmont Dallas
He loves his friend, Ella :)
He LOVES LOVES to swing!
I can not believe you are already 6 months. In some ways I feel like I was just giant and pregnant with you still in my belly and in other ways I feel like you have been in our world for much longer than 6 months. You are the light and joy of my life and I can't imagine life without you.
Your smile, squeals, laughs and those sweet looks you give me when I am nursing you melt my heart every time. Your personality is starting to really come out and your Daddy and I think you are going to be quite funny and very inquisitive (just like your dad).
My favorite part of every day is after your bath when your Daddy hands you to me to nurse you in your dark, quiet room before you go to bed. You play with my hair and put your hand in my mouth, or stroke my cheek. You nurse yourself to sleep then I let you sleep on my chest for a little while before I put your in your crib.
You make our world a better place by being in it and we are so thankful that God chose us to be your Mommy and Daddy.
1. This weekend is the first of 3 busy, fun filled weekends for us. Tomorrow we are heading to College Station, TX for the A&M vs Vanderbilt game. It will be Connor's very first football game and trip to his daddy's college! Sunday afternoon we have our Parent/Child Dedication class at church.
Next Friday we are taking Connor on his first overnight trip to Dallas. We are headed up there Friday morning for one of my husband's fraternity brother's wedding that evening. It will also be Connor's first time with a babysitter other than my Mom. Eeeeek! A friend of mine that lives in Dallas and has a little boy gave me her babysitter's info and highly recommended her so I feel pretty good about that. And she will be coming to the hotel we are staying at to watch him, and it's less than a mile from where the wedding is so we can be there fast if we need to.
And the 2nd weekend in November is a very special weekend....we are having Connor dedicated at church :) We have family coming in town from Las Vegas and Georgia so it will be a fun weekend with all of the grandparents. Friday night is a dinner at church then Sunday morning is the actual dedication. We are so happy to have all of Connor's grandparents (he has 7!!) here for the whole weekend.
2. The 3rd book in my favorite trilogy FINALLY came out....Allegiant.
If you haven't read this trilogy, you should. You won't be able to put them down. I have read the first 2 twice. The Divergent movie has already started being filmed too! Can't wait until it comes out next year :)
3. I also started reading another book...Your First Year of Motherhood. There is a new devotion and short story for each day of your first year as a mom. I didn't start it until a couple weeks ago when Connor was on his way to being 5 months but I still read thru every day of those first months and am now caught up. It is very encouraging and uplifting! I highly recommend it for all you new moms out there.
4. I am loving these 2 Fall outfits! I am in need of a little shopping spree since last Fall I was preggo ;) It finally feels like Fall in Houston (at least in the mornings) so it's time to break out the scarves and boots!
5. And finally I leave you with a few words of encouragement and love.
This past Sunday my little man turned 5 months old. The past month has been a lot of fun...his little personality is coming out more and he is growing and changing so much! I just can't quite wrap my head around the fact that he is almost half a year old!
Here's what he's been up to this past month.....
Weight/Height- On 10/4/13 he was 26 1/2 in (89 %) and 17.2 lbs (74 %) so I am guessing by now he is about 18 lbs. He is getting HEAVY!
Sleep- Much, much better! He is going to sleep about 8 PM and sleeping until 6-7 AM. He is still waking up once a night most nights, usually around 4. Every once in awhile he will wake up around 1 but after fussing for a few minutes he will go back to sleep on his own. During the day he is pretty good about taking 2 long naps ( 2-3 hours ). I have noticed if he misses his morning nap it kinda throws the rest of the day off so morning naps are very important around here. He is sleeping in his crib at night and during the day for naps and he only sleeps on his tummy now.
Feedings- I am still breastfeeding and it is still going great! But we have also started stage 1 foods. At his 4 month appt. (which was actually at 4 1/2 months) our doctor talked to us about starting foods and we all agreed that Connor was definitely ready. I planned on EBF until 6 months, then starting food but after reading up on it and talking to the doctor I decided we were ready. We did oatmeal (mixed with breast milk) one time a day for 1 week, then started his first real food...avocado! He loved it! He would reach for the spoon and make the cutest faces. Next we tried sweet potato then carrots. We have also tried prunes a few times because he has had some tummy issues ;) He is only getting food 1-2x a day and usually only an ounce at each feeding. On top of that he is still nursing about 6-7x in a 24 hour period.
Favorite Equipment- We have put away the swing and the bouncer :( We were never using them anymore and he tries to wiggle or flip out of them too much so we decided it was time to put them away. He loves his exersaucer, play mat, high chair and BOB jogging stroller. I also have set up a big blanket on the floor of our living room where all his toys and a few books are. We spend a lot of time down there every day. He loves holding all his little toys (and chewing on them) and loves to be able to roll back and forth.
Mommyhood- I am feeling great and my husband isn't traveling as much as he was. Whohooo! I started baby boot camp 2-3x a week and love it! Feels good to be getting back into shape and love meeting other local moms and their babies.
Big Moments/Favorite Things:
- Started sleeping on tummy all the time. He sleeps so much better and longer that way!
- Rolls over, both ways, but mostly from back to stomach
- Loves to practice standing and bouncing in exersaucer
- He loves my hair. He is always playing with it, pulling it, putting it in his mouth, etc.. When I am nursing him he loves to hold onto it :)
- Favorite songs- "Twinkle, Twinkle," "I love you, you love me," and "You are my sunshine" He squeals and gets so excited when anyone sings one of those 3 to him.
- Loves to eat his feet and loves to reach out and touch our faces, hands, arms...
- Had our first visit to the pumpkin patch.....we took pictures with all the pumpkins, played in the petting zoo and he swung for the first time! He loved the donkeys, goats and swing :)
- He got to meet mommy's doctor that delivered him. He loved all the ladies in the doc office. I think everyone in there held him!
- He can sit up on his own! Still a little wobbly and will tip over after a couple minutes but he can sit with out any support now... 2 weeks ago he couldn't do that.