Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Wedding rings on or off? On
Friday, November 30, 2012
"Birchbox delivers the best products and the best insider secrets, without any fuss. Every month Birchbox members will receive a curated box of luxe beauty samples. Each box will span beauty categories and deliver exciting products that fit into both your day-to-day routine, and into those days when you want to turn up the drama a notch."
Basically, for $10 a month you will get a box filled with beauty product samples delivered to you....everything from hair products, makeup products to tea and mints. Most of the products will be in small, trial sizes but every once in awhile they throw in a full size product. If you find a product you love, you can go to the Birchbox website and buy the full size.
So, I am here to share with you my 7 favorite products from the past year. I tried the sample sizes that I received in the box and loved them so much that I bought full sizes of each one.
$54 for a full size bottle
5. Orofluido Elixir
The Kerastase Elixir is my #1 go to product for my hair but every once in awhile when I feel like switching it up, this is what I use. I mainly use it when I want to wear my hair wavy. It helps keep the frizz away and gives it a soft, tousled look. It smells awesome too!
$29.99 for full size
7. Yes to Blueberries Brightening Face Towels
Looooove these! Sometimes I use them at night before I go to sleep and other times I use them in the morning after I shower and before I put on my makeup. My face feels extra clean and bright after using them.
They are made with real blueberry extracts and they have a yummy, sweet smell.
$7.99 for a full size pack
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
- Is a little over four inches long and weighs a little over 2.5 ounces. The chocolate bunny that I swiped from my toddler’s Easter basket weighed 3.5 ounces. But considering I shared it with my fetus, I am a good mom AND a responsible eater.
- Has fingernails and toenails, all of which will be flesh-tearing talons by the time the baby is born. For serious, pack a teensy nail file in your hospital bag if you’d rather your baby’s first pictures NOT include giant face scratches.
- Is covered with fine, downy hair called lanugo. THIS will mostly fall out by birth, so rest assured you will not deliver a giant razor-taloned gorilla baby, or something.
- Are leaving the more miserable symptoms behind in the dust, more or less. My gag reflex and appetite remained extremely sensitive until about week 16 last time, and the same held true this time around.
- Can feel your rock-hard uterus about three inches below your belly button (especially when you lie on your back). As your baby grows your uterus will continue to inch upwards out of your pelvis. Translation: YOU WON’T HAVE TO PEE SO DAMN MUCH.
- May be having very vivid but bizarre dreams. Some will be obviously pregnancy-related (the usual ones involve breastfeeding something other than a human baby or putting an animal or your baby in the oven or microwave to “cook” awhile longer), and others will be just plain weird or upsetting, like your childhood nightmares. They should be interpreted as nothing more than dreams stemming from nerves, hormones and your constant thoughts about the future. (In other words, you aren’t really going to give birth to a turtle with a full set of human teeth.)
Monday, November 26, 2012
Monday, November 12, 2012
Usually I am not OK with Monday's, but this one is different!
I am only in the office 2 days this week, then my boss and I are heading to Lafayette, LA for 2 days and Friday I am working from home because I have baby's next doctor appointment. Any week where I am not working in my cube 9 hours a day and driving 2+ hours a day, is a good week!
On a side note....
Happy LATE Veteran's Day!! Thank you to all who serve our country, past and present....especially all my family and friends who have served! Thank you for the sacrifices you make for our freedom and country! God Bless the USA!
Now for a few other things going on and making me happy....
On Saturday morning I am heading to North Carolina for my nephew's 2nd birthday and to spend the weekend with family. And I can't wait. I may be a little partial, but I have the cutest nephew in the entire world. :)
I finished reading 2 new really good but really sad books over the weekend. That makes almost 60 books for the whole year. Whohoo!
So, if you need a new book to read, definitely check these out...just have a box or 2 of tissues ready.
I could care less about football most of the time, but holy cow, did you see or hear about the Texas A&M game on Saturday. I sure did....I had my husband and 5 other guys (all Aggies) in the living room screaming at the TV for 4 hours. I have to say it was an awesome game! AND the Houston Texans won too...I had one happy husband this weekend!
My husband is probably turning in his resignation letter at his company as I type this.... He has accepted a management position at a brand new start up company and they made him a deal that was impossible to pass up. I am so proud of him and excited for what this new opportunity is going to bring to him and our growing family!! But I know today is going to be hard for him so I have being praying for him all morning...
And last but not least....we are booking our Baby Moon this week!!!! After much thought and research we have made a decision where we are going to go and I am so, so, so happy!! It is one of my favorite vacation spots I have ever been to and hubby knows how much I have been dying to go back so we are making it happen! More details to come. :)
Hope y'all have a great Monday!
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
( no bump picture last week or this week! I have been too lazy to update my chalk board and I keep forgetting to have hubby take a picture.)
How far along? 13 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: I have not really been weighing myself at home. But, I will find out at my doctor appt next Friday.
Maternity clothes? Some of both, but definitely beinning to need more maternity.
Stretch marks? Nope
Best moment this week: Finding out we are having a BOY, and telling our family and friends! AND making it to the 2nd trimester!
Miss Anything? Energy!
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: Nothing new...still fruits and pasta. I pretty much want Spaghetti for every meal these days.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Red meat (mainly steak). It grossed me out sometimes before I was pregnant so now it is so much worse. I honestly don't know that I will ever want to eat a steak again.
Have you started to show yet: YES! In Target over the weekend, this sweet, elderly lady stopped me in the frames aisle and asked when I was due. It made my day! Then she wanted to know where my maternity top was from that I was wearing. haha
Labor Signs: Nope
Wedding rings on or off? On
Symptoms: Holy heartburn! That really is my only negative symptom right now. But, the medicine my doctor prescribed helps alot as long as I take it every day and never miss a day. I made the mistake of skipping it on Sunday. BIG mistake. I paid for it for 2 days.
Looking forward to: Staring to shop for Baby and plan his nursery and booking our baby moon this week!