Friday, January 6, 2012

What a week...

This week has been filled with excitement, stress, sadness, lack of sleep and worry. I am happy and thankful it is almost the weekend and next week is a new week...

~ Tuesday morning I found out a co-worker committed suicide by stepping in front of a train. He was young, married, a Dad and he had a great job but he was very sick with depression. I did not know him personally but had to exchange emails with him over the past 3 years. My heart broke for his family and friends and my co-workers who were close to him. RIP Denny...




~ Yesterday my boss called me in his office to tell me he is leaving our company and his position is not being replaced. So, pretty much I am "boss-less" until they figure out who I will report to now. He told me my job is not going anywhere but just who I report to and some of my responsibilities will change. I cried when he told me and I am pretty sure he got a little choked up too....he hired me in October 2006 and he has been the best boss I have ever had. He has given me so many great opportunities, promoted me twice and given me raises and bonuses when he could. Him and his wife were at my wedding. I know he is my boss (or WAS my boss) but I feel like I am losing my best friend. I have been so sad since he told me the news yesterday and worried about the changes that will come. But, I still have a job so I am thankful. I know God has a plan and I am just going to trust in Him...




~ On a much happier note...today begins our moving process!! The movers are at our house as I type this and packing everything up. Tonight will be our last night in our first home and we move tomorrow. It is very bittersweet. We are so excited about our new house and being back in The Woodlands but there are so many things we are going to miss about living in Houston. Our new house will not be ready until the beginning of February so we will just stay with our parents for a few weeks. Today was my last day of having a 10 minute commute to work. Starting Monday it will be 45 minutes-1 hour. I have a full "City vs Suburb" post coming soon. Adios, Houston!


~ The TEXANS are in the playoffs for the first time in franchise history and the first game is tomorrow! GO TEXANS!!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yikes! You have had a crazy week. Praying that everything goes smoothly with your move. I can't wait to see pictures of your new place.