Friday, January 13, 2012

{4 Bean, Meatless Chili}

Happy Friday, everyone!!! This has been pretty stressful week so I am very happy for Friday to finally be here! I thought I would share a new recipe with you today :) I saw this recipe on Pinterest and then saw that Katie over at Keep Calm and Carry On
( http://www.mykeepcalmandcarryon.com/ ) posted it also. It is so delicious and filling...after eating just one big scoop I was getting full. There is ALOT of fiber & protein in it. So, here you go!



Clean Eating 4 Bean Chili
(adapted from The Gracious Pantry)

What you need:
5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3/4 cup carrots, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can chili beans (I used White Kidney Beans instead )
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder
3 cups vegetable broth


Directions:
1. Saute the carrots, onions, and garlic in the olive oil using a medium sized soup pot
2. Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for approximately 10-15 mins and remove from heat.
4. Allow to cool and serve.


ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yum! I will have to plan to make this sometime soon...especially with the weather cold like it is!