Breakfast casserole is one of my favorite breakfast dishes. Sometimes I will make it on Sunday night and my husband and I will have it for breakfast all week long. Or it is great if you have a group of people to feed. It is easy and can be as healthy or unhealthy as you want it to be. I came across a re-vamped recipe a few weeks ago and decided to give it a try. It was delicious and had more flavor than the other one I have been making for years. My husband even agreed...so I guess this is how I will be making it from now on! Although...it is not quite as healthy as my old recipe. Anyways, here it is-
- Can of Grands Butter Tastin Biscuts
- 8 Eggs
-1 1/2 cups milk ( I use organic skim )
- Sausage, browned
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Shredded cheese
- Tony Chachere's ( I did not really measure...just use as much as you want)
What to do:
- Lightly spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut each biscuit up into 4 pieces and line all the pieces on the bottom of the dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, Tony Chachere's, salt and pepper in mixing bowl.
- Spread browned sausage over biscuit pieces then top with chopped onions.
-Sprinkle sausage and onions with shredded cheese.
-Top with egg mixture.
-Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
And that is it! It is so yummy and filling. The "Butter Tastin" biscuits are what really make this dish!