Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Big 3-0!

 
Hellooooooo from Chicago!! Well...technically I am in a suburb of Chicago at the moment, but, close enough. 
 
Well...I turned 30 yesterday!!! Eeeek! Unfortunately I spent half the day 30,000 feet in the air and the other half working, and a few hours in the evening shopping at a really awesome mall that I stumbled upon near my hotel.  So, it wasn't too bad ;)  But I thought I would share a little recap of the weekend celebrations-
 
Friday night hubs went to meet the new coach of Texas A&M at an event in the Galleria so I took advantage of a free afternoon and did some shopping.  Got a new dress for my birthday and a new dress for our weekend in Chicago.
 
Saturday morning we had to get some repairs done to one of our cars so while it was getting fixed I test drove a new car!! We are not ready to get a new car right now...but hopefully in the next several months. We are looking at getting me a crossover...I really like the Ford Edge, GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse and a few others.  So, we will see.  We are just starting the process of looking now.  I test drove a 2012 fully loaded Chevy Traverse and fell in love with it. 
 
We sat down with a salesman to talk numbers even though we are not ready to buy and sure enough he tried to rip us off, but little did he know I worked in the car business for 6 years so I knew all of his little tricks. 
 
I got my birthday present from my hubby on Saturday too!! He did so good...
 
My TB obsession is a frequent conversation around our house but he actually was looking at my blog a couple months ago and saw that I posted a picture of some similar TB's that I wanted so he got these for me! LOVE them!! On top of that, he took my black ones and got them reconditioned for me last week...they look brand new!
 
Saturday night we went out to dinner with some friends for my birthday, at Tommy Bahama! They had a red velvet cake for me, pictures in a frame and 2 potted orchids for me to take home.  Such a fun night!
 




Sunday we had sushi with my family for lunch then dinner at Flemmings with my FIL and I spent the time between packing for my trip. 

It was a perfect weekend and I feel so blessed to have such a great husband, family and friends. 
Yesterday morning at the airport the TSA agent who checked my drivers license even sang happy birthday to me, IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!! She was so sweet and it really made my morning :) 

Hope y'all had a fun weekend too!!
xoxo
 
 
 

8 comments:

Blue Dog Belle said...

Happy Birthday Girly!

xoxo, Emily

Jenn @ Party of One said...

Happy belated birthday!! Looks like you celebrated in a great way :)

Kristen Danielle said...

Happy belated birthday!! And girl you don't look a day over 25! ;)

Looking forward to getting together when you get back!

xo

Sarah said...

I LOVE that the TSA agent sang to you. That is just awesome!! And I love your new TB shoes :). Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend in Chicago!! Love you!

Brandi said...

Love your new shoes, what a cool hubs!! Happy birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Those TB shoes are AMAZING!!

xo,
Andrea
www.daintylittlethings.com

Maura said...

happy belated birthday love!!!! and those shoes are GORGEOUS!!

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a blast in Chicago!! Happy Belated Birthday!! Please do a "car buying tips" post....I need to learn the tricks!