I am linking up with Jaime for What I'm Loving Wednesday! Head on over to her cute blog and link up =)
- The Chick-Fil-A peach milkshake is back! I look forward to this all year long and when it finally comes around, I consume entirely too many milkshakes in the limited time that it is offered. It is the best milkshake out there. If you have not tried it, do yourself a favor and find a Chick-Fil-A today!
- Yesterday my husband and I signed up for The Color Run that is finally coming to Houston in November!! I can not wait for this race. It has been a long time since I ran a 5k and this one definitely looks like a lot of fun. Plus I am so excited to run it with so many other Houston bloggers! =)
-Instagram. At first I was not a big fan but now I love it. I may actually like it better than Facebook.
- I am getting a fabulous new blog design thanks to fellow Houston blogger, Kristen! We have been working together the past few days and I am so excited about what she is putting together. If you are in need of a new blog design, you should definitely contact her. Can't wait to reveal the new design soon!
- In less than 2 weeks I will be in Chicago for 7 days and I could not be more excited! I will be there for 4 days for work then my husband is flying up to meet me and we will spend 3 fun days in the city celebrating my 30th birthday. I managed to get a reservation at Bill & Guiliana Rancic's restaurant, RPM Italian and we plan on doing a lot of sight seeing and eating yummy food. I have a couple friends from high school and college that live there so I will hopefully get to see then and I am even going to get to meet Kayln from one of my favorite blogs. If any of you have restaurant, bar or sight seeing recommendations, please let me know! =)
On a random side note... let's talk about Kalon from The Bachelorette.
He is pretty awful on the show and I love how Emily put him in his place during the season and on Monday night. Since he is from Houston (why do all the most annoying, unlikeable bachelors come from here?! The Weatherman, Helicopter boy...) he makes it on the news and in local magazines quite a bit. Here are a few things you probably did not know about him....
- He is one of the biggest supporters for Citizens For Animal Protection (CAPS) in Houston. He has been raising funds for this charity since he was 13.
- His family started Texas State Optical and they do own a helicopter, although the one he made his entrance in on the show was rented from ABC apparently.
- He is quite the Houston socialite...making appearances at fashion shows and other events around town.
- He helped open a very exclusive members-only club in Houston called Dorsia. Just to be a basic member of this club would cost you $2000 per year. Needless to say, the club is closed now.
- He has his own Team KJRM (Kalon Joseph Reid McMahon) website and they sell these shirts-
If you saw Monday's Men Tell All episode you will know what this is all about. Kinda funny but still awful...
Just thought I would share with you a little about The Bachelorette's most hated villain (according to all the websites). ;)