Friday, December 2, 2011

Pinterest Project- Wedding Invitation Ornament

Now that it is officially time to start decorating for Christmas I decided I really wanted to make the wedding invitation ornament I have been seeing on Pinterest for months. It was super easy and turned out really cute. Here is a step by step:
(sorry for the terrible pictures...they were taken with my blackberry)

1. Here is what you will need:



- Your wedding invitation
- A glass or plastic, clear ornament. I got the large size but wish I had gotten the smaller one. I ended up having to cut up 2 invitations just so it would fill up the ball.
- Scissors
- A pen or pencil


2. Cut up your invitation into strips.

I did not do a very good job of cutting straight and I was worried you would be able to tell, but you can't!




3. One at a time (unless you are talented and can do more), wrap a strip of invitation around a pen or pencil tightly and hold for several seconds.





4. Insert rolled invitation strips into the ornament.


**The hardest part is trying to get the invitation strips with words to show. I tried sticking my pen inside the ornament and attempted to "re-arrange" some of the curled strips but that did not work out so well. So, I just left it as is. It still turned out really cute. Now, I just need a cute ribbon to tie to it before I hang it on the tree.**


Happy Crafting and thank you Pinterest for all of your fun ideas :)

7 comments:

brynn said...

my sister made me one of these for one of my bridal showers, i LOVE it!

yours turned out so cute!!

Kendra Lee said...

Wow that is an awesome idea! I have never seen that before. I just got married last May, and I may just have to do this!

Thanks for the great post. I'm a new follower and I enjoy reading your blog!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I wish I had known about PIN during my wedding!! Neat idea!!

Sarah said...

How cute!! I love bringing Pinterest ideas to life :) Have a great weekend! xoxo

Rochelle said...

This came out so cute!

Allison said...

Love this! I will have to make one for sure. Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

That's so cute! Such a great idea!