Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Exciting News & A Few Updates

Remember a couple weeks ago when I said I had some exciting news but could not share it yet??? Well..... I can finally tell you- WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!!! WHOHOO!!

We actually sold it on Saturday, December 3 but our realtor advised us not to tell everyone yet just in case the guy buying it decided to back out during the 10-day option period. So, the option period is over, we passed the inspections and the appraisal went well and there is no sign of the buyer backing out! As of now he is planning on closing on January 7th so we will move out on January 5th & 6th...EEEEK...that is less than 3 weeks! It took 1 month and 3 days for our house to sell. We got very lucky and feel very blessed because we know so many people out there have had their houses on the markets for months and maybe years. This was part of God's plan and His timing was perfect and we could not be more excited! :)

We head out of town tonight and will not be home until Sunday night, then we have friends coming in town for NYE weekend so I have no clue when we are supposed to back up our entire house and be ready to move in less than 3 weeks.

Tonight we are flying to Georgia to spend a few days with my Dad and family there, then we will be with our families in The Woodlands over the weekend! It is going to be a busy few days but I love getting to see all of our family during the holidays so it will be fun.

Last but not least, here is an update on our NEW house in The Woodlands! I am loving the process of building a home. Seeing all of the stages of it getting built is so fun. Last week our cabinets got put in and they painted the walls. And the finished the stone & brick on the outside of the house. I am most excited about the granite we chose and I can not wait to see it once it gets put in. I will share more pictures next week but here is our house as of this past Sunday, December 18th:


This will be my last blog post for a week so I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!!!

5 comments:

Lia Joy said...

YAYYYYYYYYY for your house selling!!! I can't imagine what a weight that is lifted off your shoulders! (Now the added weight of having to pack up so soon!)

Merry Christmas, sweet friend! Looking forward to {hopefully} seeing you NYE! :)

Lindsey said...

um, excuse me? Your new house is GORGEOUS and HUGE! I love it! I can't wait to see more. Congrats on selling your home!!

Kendra Lee said...

Congratulations! What a relief!
Merry Christmas to you too!

Allison said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! Your new house looks beautiful!! Merry Christmas & be safe traveling!

Alyssa said...

That is soooo exciting! Congratulations!! What a great Christmas gift! :)