Monday, November 21, 2011

November Birchbox

For months and months I kept hearing about Birchbox and seeing so many of your posts about it...well, I finally joined! For those of you that don't know, Birchbox is a company that delivers a box of beauty products to your door once a month for only $10. You could get makeup, hair products, skin products, perfumes and more! Every month you will get different products to try and it will always only cost $10. Most of the time they are mini sizes of the products but it allows you to test them out and if you find one or more that you really like you can buy them on the Birchbox website at a discounted price.

So, I received my November Birchbox in the mail last week and here is what I got:



1. Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara- I was not a fan of this mascara AT ALL. It did not "lift" them and it was way too light. After spending a couple minutes on each eye, I could barely tell I had any mascara on.

2. Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste- I have used this product before and always liked it so I was happy to get a new tube of this. Over time this really does change the color of your teeth. It does make your teeth a tad bit sensitive but just use Sensodyne to help with that. This product is not going to work with just a couple uses so you would really need to buy a whole bottle and use it consistently.

3. Kerastase Elixir Ultime- BEST HAIR PRODUCT EVER!!!!!!! Seriously, this stuff is amazing and everyone needs it. It is a light, clear serum for hair...you can use it on your hair before blow-drying or use after blow-drying & straightening to nourish, keep soft and shiny. I have been using this product for exactly 1 week today and I have seen a big difference in my hair. It is smooth, super soft and smells amazing. When I joined Birchbox I got a 20% off coupon to use on a product...this is what I used it on. LOVE LOVE LOVE this and you will to! :)

4. Befine Night Cream- I have only used this a couple times but I really like it. You wash your face at night and apply this cream and go to sleep! It is very hydrating and leaves your skin feeling fresh & moisturized. It claims that it helps to decrease the appearance of fine lines and helps with circulation but I don't think I have used it enough to see those benefits. It is definitely a product I would keep using though.

5. Alex & Isabelle Classic Hair Ties- I am sure these are great but not for me. I always see these in magazines and have a few friends who love them but I don't wear my hair up much and when I do, I just use a solid black or brown hair band. So, I don't have much of an opinion on these because I will most likely never use mine.

And that is it for this month!! Can't wait to see what goodies I get in December!

1 comment:

Meg O. said...

I've heard awesome things about the Kerastase elixir. I definitely need to check it out! Glad you liked your samples!