Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- Zucchini, Squash & Chicken Sausage Pasta



I came across this yummy recipe on a blog that I read and knew I had to make it ASAP. I was a little nervous about the chicken sausage... I have had it several times and a couple times it was really gross but other times I loved it. Well, I have to say- I LOVED it this time. Chris loved this recipe too and we have tons of leftovers.

Ingredients-
-Bow Tie Pasta- I used almost a full box b/c I wanted to have leftovers
-1 Zucchini, sliced
-1 Squash, sliced
-3-4 links cooked, sliced Chicken Sausage- I used one with Garlic & Cheese
-1 lemon
-Salt & Pepper
-Garlic Salt
-Zesty Italian Dressing
-Minced Garlic
-1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
-2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
-2 tbsp Olive Oil

Directions-
Cook pasta in boiling water. Drain and keep warm.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, squash and chicken sausage. Add the juice of one lemon, several splashes of Zesty Italian dressing, 2 small spoonfulls of minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute for approximately 5 minutes. Add a little garlic salt and the parmesan cheese. Add in the drained bowtie pasta and mix together.

Sounds easy & delicious, huh? It is!! Enjoy!

No comments: