Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cake Decorating Class #3

Tuesday night was my last cake decorating class. There is actually one more next Tuesday but I am traveling for work next week so I have to miss it. I am going to try to make it up next month though. I won't "graduate" and get my completion certificate unless I take that class, so I must do it!

For Tuesday's class we had to prepare several batches of icing and color them and bring in undecorated cupcakes.


We learned how to add filling to the inside of a cupcake and different techniques for decorating the top. Now I know how to properly ice the top of a cupcake, make leaves and several different kinds of flowers. Here are a few of the cupcakes I decorated (I only had my blackberry so the quality is not very good)-




I had so much fun taking this class and learned a lot. The next class is Fondant & Gum Paste. I would love to do this one eventually but I want to make sure I do it when I know I won't have to miss any of the classes.

No comments: