Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tasty Tuesday- Turkey Taco Soup



This is one of my favorite healthy recipes to make. I originally got the recipe from Hungry Girl but I have tweaked it some and we love it! It is so easy, cheap, fast and healthy and I always make a huge pot so we have leftovers to take for lunch during the week. Enjoy!

What you will need-
-2 cans of Progresso Light Southwestern Style Vegtable Soup
-1 Package ( not sure of the ounces ) of Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
-1-2 tbsp's of Low Sodium Taco Seasoning (add more for extra spice)
-1 can of drained Black Beans
-Fat Free Sour Cream, Fat Free Shredded Cheese, chopped Scallions (all optional)

In a non-stick pan, crumble and brown the turkey meat until it is cooked through. In same pan (make sure it is deep) add the 2 cans of soup and can of drained black beans and stir. Next, add the taco seasoning. At this point everything is cooked and ready to be eaten but if I have time I try to let it simmer for 15-30 minutes.
Serve hot sides of sour cream, cheese and scallions!

This is a great low calorie, low carb and high protein meal! Hope you like it!

No comments: