Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans!


Happy Monday, friends!
I am linking up with Sami over at Sami's Shenanigans to share all about our weekend!


FRIDAY


1.  Tried a new recipe thanks to my sister-in-law....Memphis Style Pulled Pork.  And it.was.amazing.  I cooked it for 8 1/2 hours in the crock pot and it was DELISH!
2.  Connor has started to hold on to things on his own.  I put the little rattle in right by his hands and he grabbed it and held on.  Love seeing how much he changes each week.
3. The little guy must be going thru a growth spurt.  He slept off and on ALL day Friday!  It gave me a chance to get a lot of things around the house done.  AND he slept thru the night for the first time ever!! He went to sleep about 8:30 and woke up at 6:30.  Happy, happy Mama and Daddy :)
4.  The first Texans pre-season game was on and that means my husband was glued to the TV.  And that also means it was Connor's first of many, many football games and a really cute photo opportunity for Mama.  This is one of my most favorite pictures of them together ever.  I am getting it framed for daddy's office :)


SATURDAY


My brother came home!!!! So glad he is back home safe after 7 months!


SUNDAY

We took Connor to my home church where I grew up for the first time.  I am terrible and didn't get any pictures though.  Boo.  We put him in the nursery so we could enjoy the service but I got paged in the middle of it because he was crying and not taking the bottle.  So, I had to miss the last half of the service since I had to feed him.  But, that's ok.  It was fun seeing so many friends and people I have known for the majority of my life!



He slept thru the night again!! Whohooo!!




After church we went to one of my best friend's 30th birthday brunch at America's.  Brunch buffet + bottomless mimosas, margaritas, bloody Mary's and mojitos...Yes, please!! (Although I only had one margarita...no bottomless drinks since I am still BF ;) )  Holly and I have been best friends since we were in 7th grade!  Fun day celebrating her big 3-0!



Sami's Shenanigans

2 comments:

Kate said...

LOVE the matchy matchy Daddy baby shirt/onesie! Cutest thing ever. Your heart had to have been bursting at the sight!!

Amy said...

YAY for your brother coming home! How exciting!!

And the rest of your weekend looks fantastic as well :) Hope the next one comes quickkkly!