I am linking up with April,Darci,Natasha and Christina for their 5 on Friday link up! One of my best friends, Jen, has been doing this for awhile now and it looks like fun, so here I am =)
1. I have a friend who has always wanted to open a bakery in our area and she has started making and selling lactation cookies! She brought me over a few to try and I fell in love. So, now I have bought 2 bakers dozens from her. I can't stop eating them! Not only are they so yummy, but they really work! I pumped 7 oz in 4 minutes earlier this week! If you are in the Houston area and want to try them let me know and I will send you her info!
2. I started working on a shadow box for Connor's nursery for his "going home from the hospital" outfit and his first blanket. I originally wanted to include his hospital wrist band and a couple other items from the hospital but I think I like it with just the blanket as the back ground and his outfit and hat! What do you think?
3. I have a new addiction. These chips.
They are the best chips in the history of chips. If you are in the Houston area and live near a Central Market/HEB, go buy these immediately.
4. This weekend marks the beginning of football taking over my husband's life for the next 6 months. Every year we host my husband's friends NFL draft party at our house, so this Saturday is the day. 10-12 guys will take over my house and will spend the day drinking, eating and choosing their teams....and making a mess of my house ;) I'm making pulled pork, pasta salad, baked beans and a couple desserts for them then Connor and I are leaving for the day!
5. We have started the process of transitioning Connor to his nursery and crib and out of our room. I have been putting him in his crib once or twice a day for naps but have not tried it at night yet. At first it was not going well but the past 2 days he has done great! So, I think some night soon we are going to try putting him in their at night. This Mama is a nervous, emotional wreck when I think about doing that though. I have loved having him in our room so close to us every night for the past 3 months but I know it's time for this change. If you have any tips for making the nighttime transition easier I would LOVE to hear them!