1. Have any of you seen the movie, "Contagion?" It was really good but pretty scary...something like that could really happen. If you are an overly cautious germ freak already, you might not want to see this movie. I already wash my hands 20 times a day and flush public toilets with my foot but this movie makes you want to take being cautious to a whole other level!
2. One of my best friends started a blog yesterday!! I have known Sarah for over 15 years and she has been one of my very best friends since then. And we are kinda related too...her sister, Staci , married my little brother! Anyways, she has the sweetest family, lives in Oklahoma I want to welcome her to this fun blog world :) Love you, Sari!!
3. I started running again. I have not ran one time since my disaster of a half marathon on March 3. Some days I miss it, some days I don't. But, I decided to TRY to get back into it. I am not planning on signing up for any half marathons or even 5k's anytime soon but just trying to get back to running short distance 3-4 times a week.
4. A few months ago my company put together a photography contest for all the employees at our corporate office. I submitted 5 pictures and 2 of mine made it into the top 25!! If you made it into the top 25, you got a $50 Visa Gift Card and your pictures will be blown up and put up on the walls in our building! Whohoo! So, yesterday I saw that they started putting up the blown up canvases on the walls. One of my 2 pictures is up already and the other will be up later this week. Here is the one that is up now: ( mine is the one in the middle, above the gumball machine)
Here is the original picture I took-
I took this picture on Memorial Day in Boston last year. We were walking thru a park and came across thousands of flags and I noticed this man sitting all alone in the grass playing "God Bless The USA" on his harmonica. I wish I could find this man and send him a copy of this picture!
And the other picture that won the contest is this one-
This is the Portland Headlight taken in Maine in May 2011.
5. I can not believe today is the last day of May. Where has this year gone?! June and July are going to be insanely busy for me. In the next month and a half I will go to Alabama, North Carolina, California and Maine. In between all of that we have friends coming in town, a couple showers and birthdays and normal day to day life. Whew, it is going to be crazy!
6. We got some landscaping done in our backyard on Monday! We LOVE it so far but still have more to do. We now have a ton of rose bushes, a pygme palm, 2 queen palms, lantana, 17 laurel trees and a crape mrytle. Next up, new sod, mulch and lining the beds with river rock.
Hope you have a great Thursday!! xo