1. My friend Kim and I signed up for Cake Decorating classes yesterday at Michael's! I have always wanted to take a class there and I love cake so this is perfect. It was cheap and there are only 3 or 4 two-hour classes. So, by the end of August I hope to be a cake decorating genius ;)
2. I am almost done reading Jaycee Dugard's book, A Stolen Life. Some parts are pretty disturbing and some parts a little boring, but it is an amazing story about her 18 years in captivity. She goes into great detail about everything from the day she was kidnapped, to what life was like for 18 years living in a backyard, to giving birth to 2 girls before she was even 15 and so much more. It is an unbelievable story...
3. I started (again) Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred workouts on Monday...OUUUUCH! I am so sore and so out of shape it is pathetic. Running is just not enough so I am trying to add in some other forms of exercise. I love the P90X workouts (I don't know that love is the right word to use...) and Jillian Michael's workouts so I think I am just going to try to do a mixture of those 3 or 4 times a week. I used to be so flexible and in shape; now I just feel like a slob-kabob. Mission "lose 20 lbs and get in shape" is on!
4. For those of you in Houston, have you been to City Center in West Houston?! It is AWESOME! It is at Beltway 8 & I-10. There are tons of new restaurants, shops and it is so pretty. Here are just some of the goodies found here-
-Flora & Muse
-Brio Tuscan Grille
-Studio Movie Grill
-Sur la Table
-Olive & Vine
And much, much more! There is still so much space available too, so who knows what will be showing up over the coming months.
It reminds me a lot of City Place in West Palm Beach, FL where I used to live. All the restaurants have outdoor areas, there are fountains, fire pits, large grassy areas, Farmer's Market every Saturday, and concerts. This is a great place to try if you have not been yet!
5. Looks like there is a Tropical Storm forming close to the Gulf and there is a very good chance it will head this way! This is normally not something I would be excited about but we have not had rain in so long and Texas desperately needs it. So, it would be great if it did not turn into a hurricane and did not do any damage...just bring a lot of good rain :)
Happy Wednesday! We are half-way to Friday!