Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hello from Seattle!!

Hi Everyone!! I am so behind on blogging! EEK! I have so many things I wanted to post about over the past week and a half but things have been a little crazy. So, here is a quick update on our lives over the past couple of weeks...
We spent last weekend on the beach in North Carolina with family and had a great time! We got a lot of sun, spent a lot of time with family we don't get to see much, and ate way too much. We even got to see my Dad & Step-Mom...they were coming up to NC to see one of my sister's and it worked out for them to stop and see Chris and I for one night. We had dinner with them and spent a couple hours hanging out. It was so fun to get to see them and spend time with family. I spent a lot of time holding my sweet little nephew, Tanner. He is getting so big and I miss him so much! We got back really, really late Tuesday night ( thanks to our flight getting delayed about 20 times )so, Wednesday I was exhausted. Wednesday night was the Niki Minaj and Britney Spears concert in Houston...it was my 5th time seening Britney and this was one of the best. We went with our friends Greg & Jenny Clark and had a lot of fun. By then I was even more exhausted. So, I was really happy that we did not have any plans for a couple nights and the weekend would be spent in town. Saturday we headed to The Woodlands to spend some time with Chris's families. We hung out with his Dad & brother for awhile then spent the evening with his Mom and brothers. And somewhere in the middle of all that I went to my good friend, Vanessa's, baby shower. I got to see some of my best friends and eat some of the most delicious cake I have ever had =) Sunday we had breakfast at one of our favorite spots in Houston- Barnabys. YUM! Then we headed out to Sugarland to look at some houses and areas that we will probably eventually move to. We are probably going to put our house up for sale in the Spring of 2012 and move out to Sugarland. So, we just wanted to get an idea of what areas we liked and did not like. We pretty much narrowed it down to 2 areas...Telfair & Greatwood. We loved the areas and the houses in both. We'll see what happens in about 8 or 9 months!
And now...I am in Seattle for work for the week. This is my 2nd time to Seattle and I love it here ( at least during the Summer ). The temps are in the 60's and low 70's, there is always a breeze and there are no clouds in the sky most days. It is such a nice break from the Texas heat! Chris's uncle, aunt and cousins live here so I am going to see their new house and have dinner with them tonight and then going to watch his uncle in some sail races in downtown Seattle Thursday night! After this trip I am in town for about 4 weeks then it is off to Salt Lake City for a week... whew! It is hard to keep track of where I am sometimes...at least I am racking up Continental miles and Hilton points =)
I wish I had time to post some pictures from the past week but that will have to wait. In the meantime, here is my view- =)




So, there is a re-cap of my crazy schedule lately. I will get caught up on all the other posts when I get back in town. Have a wonderful week!!!

No comments: