Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Recap!

 
 
 
So true, right?!
 
Well....Happy Monday, friends!!  Hope y'all had a fabulous weekend.  I sure did :)
 
Let's start with Thursday-
 
August in Houston means Houston Restaurant Week(s), one of the best month's of the whole year in H-town!
Tons and tons of restaurants join in and offer a 3 course meal for $35 and $5 of that is donated to the Houston Food Bank.  So, every year my husband and I try to pick a couple restaurants and go and I always end up going another time or 2 with girlfriends. 
This year me and 3 friends chose to go to Brenner's on the Bayou Thursday night.  It was their first time going but I have been several times before.  It is by far one of my favorite restaurants in Houston.  So, if you live here, you should go :)
 
The awesome patio bar- BLUE


So beautiful!  It does not even feel like you are in Houston.  Great location for a wedding or other event!


My 2nd course- Crab Stuffed Shrimp & Marscapone Risotto



Keeping our yearly tradition up!


Friday-

Celebrated Jen's 30th birthday with friends and dinner! 
 Her hubby is an AMAZING cook and he cooked us up some stuffed pork chops, grits and a salad.  Then he had Nothing Bundt Cakes for dessert. Yummo!




Saturday-

Hubby got a new car!! Whohoo! BUT...I am not allowed to share pictures yet.  He is getting the windows tinted tomorrow and possibly new wheels put on so he pretty much threatened my life if I shared pictures before all of that was done.  So, I am going to drive his Tahoe for a year or 2 then eventually when that starts having problems I will get something.  For now though, I love the Tahoe but need to get used to driving it.  I have never owned an SUV or driven one consistently.

That afternoon we had about 12 guys over at our house for an NFL draft party. I helped cook and get ready for the party then I left for several hours so they could have their guy time.  I shopped for our upcoming Vegas trip and got my nails and toes done.  Then when I got home I pretty much stayed in our bedroom the rest of the night so they could do their own thing.  I didn't want to intrude on their "guys only" day ;)

Sunday-

We did a whole lot of nothing.  Laid out, swam, read, started planning my Vegas outfits, grilled hamburgers for dinner, drove the new car around... that's about it! Perfect day!



Now I am happy to have a 4 day work week then we head to Vegas on Friday with our friend's Chance & Laura! So excited for a weekend getaway with some of our best friend's and can't wait to go to Vegas for the first time! 




 
 
 

2 comments:

Jenn @ Party of One said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Those cupcakes look AMAZING!


Enjoy Vegas! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Blue Dog Belle said...

I'm jealous of all your travels! I've never been to Vegas... I know. what is wrong with me. Restaurant week here just wrapped up and I was a bum and only made it out once. That risotto sounds amazing. I need to find a way to re-create it.

Happy Tuesday love! one step closer to the weekend!