Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy March!!

Hellooooo, March! This is going to be a busy, fun month...get ready! Now for a little bit of a random post...

- On Saturday I am running (probably more walking than running) The Woodlands Half-Marathon! Whohoo! This will be half-marathon #6 for me but this will be the 2nd half marathon that I have not properly trained for. Ooops. I had intentions of training when I signed up 6 months ago but life got busy and I slacked. So, my goal is just to finish, even I have to walk half of it. Luckily I have been working hard to get back in shape...working out with my trainer, doing cardio a few times a week and eating pretty healthy. So I am hoping the theory that "muscles remember" will work for me on Saturday :)



- I finished reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand last week (I did a post on this when I was half way thru reading it) and if you are looking for a new book to read- READ THIS!! Seriously one of the best books I have ever read.
I finished reading Taylor Armstrong's (from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills) book, Hiding From Reality, yesterday. Check back tomorrow for a full review of it!



- Monday morning I am flying to Nashville, TN and will be spending a week in Calvert City, Kentucky, for work! I have not been to TN or KY since I was little so I am really excited to be in both of those states, even if it is for work! But, I will get to see my friend Jon who is in the Army and stationed there, so hopefully I can have a little fun!


- I swear tomorrow I will finish the February Photo A Day Challenge! I turned out to be such a slacker towards the end. But I WILL finish it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

goodluck on your half, girlie! :)

Meg O. said...

Yay! Good luck on the half marathon!

I'm also interested to hear what you think about Taylor's book...

Lauren said...

Good luck on the race! Walk or run, it's still better than those sitting on their couch :)