Hello, hello!!! I can't believe it has almost been a month since I last blogged. I decided to take a little time away from it but am happy to be back! Connor was going thru a rough patch with not napping, waking up 3x a night and being more fussy than normal so that didn't leave me much free time. Now that things have gotten much better I hope to get back to it.
So, I am back for 5 on Friday!!
1. We took Connor to a local pumpkin patch last weekend and had so much fun! We took pictures with the pumpkins, fed and played with animals at the petting zoo and played on the swings. Things like this make having a baby so much fun! Seeing him smile and reach out to pet the animals and watching him squeal and laugh while swinging made my heart so happy!
2. I know I am a few weeks late but I am SO SO happy all my Fall shows are back. Fall TV is the best.....Revenge, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, The Voice, DWTS......
My DVR is full and happy!
3. 2 friends I met thru IG and I hosted a Fall themed gift exchange a couple weeks ago and it was such a success and so fun! We posted about it on IG mid-September and gave moms a couple weeks to sign up, then drew names and matched up each mom with another mom, then everyone sent gifts to their partner and their babies. We had about 40 moms from all over the US sign up and since then we have had another 40+ ask us to do it again so they can sign up too! So, we will definitely be doing another one around Christmas time.
(sorry for the bad pics....I had to use screen shots from IG)
Make sure you follow us on IG so you can join in!
@lesliebcoxon @lauraflusche @laurengiles
Here are a couple examples of gifts that were sent....
4. I started Baby Boot Camp last week! It used to be called Stroller Strides but the name has changed. A lot of cities have one so you can look it up to see if there is one close to you.
But basically it is a boot camp style workout for moms where you can bring your babies/kids in their stroller and work out with them! And let me tell you....it is HARD. They definitely don't take it easy on you because you just had a baby. On top of that 2-3x a week I have started running again (it's more walking right now though! ;) ) So, my whole body hurts every day since it has been over a year since I have ran/worked out. I am loving it so far though. It's a great way to meet other local moms, get in shape and get out of the house with your kids!
5. I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest last week and it was amazefest USA (as Guiliana Rancic would say). :) It was super easy and so yummy. Definitely one of my fave Pinterest finds so if you are looking for a new recipe to try, give this one a shot....