Thursday, May 16, 2013

Easy Chicken Piccata

One of my husband's favorite foods is Chicken Piccata.  He has been asking for me to make it for at least a year, but I kept forgetting about it.  Until this week! I FINALLY made it last night.  Not only is it MUCH easier than I thought it would be, it was so good!  My husband (who is a bit of a Chicken Piccata snob) loved it! :)
So, here is the recipe!
 
Ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (pounded flat)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 can chicken broth
 
Directions:
-  Season the pounded chicken breasts with salt and pepper. 
- Place the flour in a large bowl and coat the chicken breasts in flour.
- Melt about 2 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Cook the chicken until golden brown on each side, approximately 6-8 minutes.  While cooking the chicken, pour about half of the can of chicken stock into skillet.
-  Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add remaining butter, chicken stock, parsley, lemon slices and capers and heat for a few minutes. 
 
Serve chicken breasts with sauce poured on top and serve with a side of pasta and spinach (or whatever you want...that's just what I did)
 
 


 
And that's it!! So easy and yummy!
Enjoy!
 
 

2 comments:

Alyx said...

Can we just take a minute to applaud the fact that you are 40 weeks pregnant and cooking something other than mac and cheese for dinner? Because that deserves a huge pat on the back. Seriously.

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

I second the applause :) I haven't really cooked a thing since being pregnant--bad wife. I may have to save this for a little bit later down the road.