One of my husband's favorite foods is Chicken Piccata. He has been asking for me to make it for at least a year, but I kept forgetting about it. Until this week! I FINALLY made it last night. Not only is it MUCH easier than I thought it would be, it was so good! My husband (who is a bit of a Chicken Piccata snob) loved it! :)
- Season the pounded chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and coat the chicken breasts in flour.
- Melt about 2 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown on each side, approximately 6-8 minutes. While cooking the chicken, pour about half of the can of chicken stock into skillet.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add remaining butter, chicken stock, parsley, lemon slices and capers and heat for a few minutes.
Serve chicken breasts with sauce poured on top and serve with a side of pasta and spinach (or whatever you want...that's just what I did)