I have a few baby things to chat about this morning...
1. Let's talk about having "pregnancy brain." Y'all, I have it and I have it bad. I can't seem to remember anything these days and I get side tracked way more than ever before. I will completely lose my train of thought in the middle of a conversation and often I walk into a room and have no clue why I even went in there. I have gotten really, really good a making very detailed to-do lists these days.
This isn't the worst of it though... here are a couple BIG, really dumb things I have done in the past couple of months-
- I walked out of a store without paying for my stuff. The poor guy had to chase me down and tell me I had not paid AND I left my credit card laying on the counter. He said he felt bad because he knew I was pregnant and didn't want to upset me. Poor guy...
- I dropped my Iphone in the bath tub, TWICE
- I have walked all the way to the other side of our neighborhood to get the mail only to get to the mailbox and realize I did not even have the key with me.
2. Thank God for Chiropractors and why did I wait so long to see one?! As most of you know I have dealt with terrible tailbone paid and pelvic pain the past few months and recently it has gotten a lot worse. Monday afternoon I couldn't walk so I decided it was time to see a chiropractor. My friend Sarah recently told me about her experience with these pains during and after her pregnancy and the chiropractor she saw so it made me feel much more comfortable going to one. So, I saw one on Tuesday morning and it was probably the best decision I have made in this whole pregnancy. I could barely walk when I got to my appt. and when he had my lay down before he adjusted me, I was almost in tears. After one adjustment on my left side I was able to roll to my right side without crying out in pain. It was a miracle! Basically, Baby Connor is extremely comfortable hanging out really low in my pelvis and he managed to pop my tailbone out of alignment. So, because my tailbone was all messed up that was also causing a lot a strain on my SI joints But all is right in the world now....my tailbone has been re-aligned. Hallelujah! It has been 72 hours since I got adjusted and I am feeling a hundred times better. He just told me if I started feeling the severe pains again to come back in and get adjusted. He did not feel the need to put me on a 3 day a week treatment plan like so many chiro's do when you go see them. So, I will just go see him when I feel like I need to. Seriously, amazing.
3. I had my first baby related nightmare 2 nights ago. I had Connor a few weeks early and my husband was out of town and could not get back in time. My mom was with me and as soon as I gave birth we had to go to some party. At the party my baby was kidnapped. Ugh. I woke up scared to death. I hope I don't have any more nightmares like that...
4. And for happier news...the nursery furniture is in and being delivered on Sunday!! I got the side table, lamp and fabric all ordered this week too so we are making big progress. Can't wait to share pictures once it's all put together!
But in the meantime, this is what the furniture looks like (the crib we ordered is a flat back not rounded)-
So happy it is Friday. My poor husband has been on 6 planes and in 3 time zones in the past 5 days and he is exhausted. Other than our friend's couples shower, and a date with our favorite pizza restaurant tonight, we have zero plans!