Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day Weekend in Vegas- Day 1

 
We arrived in Vegas mid afternoon on Friday and checked in at our hotel, MGM Grand.  We only had a few hours before dinner so we just walked around the hotel and had a drink at one of the 20 bars. 
For dinner, we had reservations at Sushi Roku. If you are looking for a sushi restaurant in Vegas I would highly recommend eating here or the place we ate at on Sunday night but I will get to that later.  Sushi Roku is in the Forum Shops that are right by Caesar's Palace. 
Next we headed over to The Cosmopolitan where we had a drink at the Chandelier Bar while we waited for the rest of our group to get there.  The rest of the night we had a table at Marquee Nightclub for Avicii.  This is not my normal type of music but when you are in the club that is rated one of the top clubs in the world, with 1500 other people dancing and going crazy it was hard not to get into it.  He was AMAZING!! The energy in that place that night made it so fun.  We danced for hours, drank too much champagne and did not leave until close to 3 AM. I have not done that in years...
 
So, here are some pictures from our first day! 
(please excuse the not so great cell phone pictures)
 
 


 
Chandelier Bar @ The Cosmopolitan
 
 



 
No idea what the problem is but my computer refuses to save this picture when I rotate it.  But I had to post any way.  This would be my brother in law...loving the Dom. :)
 
 
 Biggest champagne bottle ever.  We could barely hold it!
(sorry...this won't save when I rotate it either)
 
 



I found myself and our group on the far left side in this picture! Whohoo!
(All Avicii photos from Marquee's Facebook page )
 
And that is it for day 1... day 2 and 3 tomorrow! :)
 

3 comments:

The Tiny Button said...

Looks like a fab time!! That big bottle is amazing!!

For All Things Lovely said...

Just found your blog and it's super cute! Love it! xx.
Meg

www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

henning love said...

ok i NEED to still try sushi roku i mean they have here in L.A. and why haven't i tried it yet?? your vegas trip looks amazing!