Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hellloooooo from Denver!

I am in the beautiful and cold state of Colorado this week for work....South Denver to be exact. I looked at the weather several times before I flew here on Monday and I knew it would be cold but I had no idea I would wake up to ice on my rental car and wind chills in the teens! Burrrr!! I almost did not bring a coat but thank goodness I did.

This is probably my 10th trip to Colorado but my first time actually spending a week in Denver and not up in the mountains skiing. I am here for the week for work so no time for skiing this time. Right now all the trees are bright yellows, oranges and reds and the sky's are blue. There are so many pretty parks, cute shops and restaurants in the area I am staying, Cherry Creek. There is a really good chance that one day my husband and I will live here because of his company so it is fun getting to see different parts of the city. I even have a friend from high school who lives here with her fiance and I got to go to dinner with them last night.

After I finish working today I am going to do a little sight-seeing. I know this is a little morbid but I really want to go see Columbine High School and the Memorial that was created at the park close by. The high school is less than 4 miles from where I am right now so how can I come here and NOT go see it??

Hope you all are having a great week! :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hope you have a great time in Denver! I loved it when we were there just last week. The Cherry Cricket in Cherry Creek is a great (non heatlhy) restaurant that's been featured on Food netork. I would highly suggest it!

Lia Joy said...

I love Colorado! I told Corby that if we were to move to another state, Colorado would be my choice. (Although I don't think I could live without Texas!)

Some good family friends of mine all attenended Columbine. And the last time I was in that area was before the shooting (clearly a long time ago) but I'd like to see the memorial too.

Have a great week :)

Unknown said...

i was just in cherry creek 2 weeks ago! there is a new little part of town called larimer street, i think...? and they have really cute shops!!!
have fun!
{we would love to live there too!}