Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Columbine High School Memorial

Last week when I was in Denver for work my office happened to be less than 4 miles from Columbine High School. When I travel for work I like to see parts of that city or town that are well known or famous for something, so I HAD to go see Columbine and the memorial that was created for the 13 students & teachers that were killed April 20, 1999. I am so glad I went. It was crazy being there and being in the exact spot where such a tragic event took place. Seeing the parking spots that the Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold parked in before they went into the school, seeing the library and cafeteria where most of the students were shot and seeing the memorials that were created gave me goose bumps. Here are some pictures I took while I was there...














Remember seeing this in the news?


This is that spot now and the guy-




2 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea they made a memorial...what a beautiful one that is. It's weird thinking I was 9 when this happened. I read the book "She said yes" and it was wonderful (not in the sense of what happened but in the sense of the people it affected!)

Allison said...

Wow. I had no idea they made a memorial. Thank you for posting this. So sad & I can't believe it has been so long.